Our students have enjoyed another fabulous year. They have excelled in so many fields. These achievements have been in their academic studies, sport, music, the arts, to name just a few and we are justly proud of them.
Achievements and implementations in the year 2017-18
- We are proud to announce that Euro School secured the 2nd position in the IIMUN (Indian International Model United Nations) Nepal 2018 Conference among 45 participating schools across Nepal and other South Asian countries. Ms. Akshyata Karki of Grade 9 was selected the Best Delegate in the UNEP committee.
- Our students were placed in the 3rd position in the QKS (Quality Kathmandu Schools) Primary and Secondary Mathematics Competition.
- The students of Grade 7 won in the ‘Best Community Impact” category in the Inter School Innovation Science Competition, 2018.
- Ms. Samidha Singh Basnyt of Grade 6 bagged the 3rd position in the Inter School Kathalekhan Competition.
- Master Ankit Shrestha of Grade 6 secured the 2ndposition in Grade 6 and 7 Category in the First QKS Chess Competition.
- Ms. Sueellen Phagami Pun of Grade 4 was awarded the title of the 9th Child Icon organized by Media Land while Arjan Gelal and Auyushree Ghimire of grade 4 were declared the 1st and 2nd runners up, respectively, in the junior category.
- Ms. Shaibya Ghimire of Grade 5 was declared the winner of the Aesthetics Kids Runway held in Meerut, India, as part of the Indo Nepal Cultural Exchange Program.
- Ms. Palak Sharda of Grade 5 won the title of Little Miss Face of Marwadi and Riddhi Singhania of grade 2 was declared the runner up of Miss Face of Marwadi in the Face of Marwadi Competition.
- The 2nd Quality Kathmandu Schools Art Exhibition, 2018 was held at the prestigious Siddhartha Art Gallery where our students got the opportunity to exhibit their art work. The paintings were for sale and Sonam Sangpo Sherpa of Grade 9 was successful in selling his painting during the exhibition.
- The 1st QKS Girls Futsal Tournament was hosted by Euro School. It drew 9 teams from different schools in the Kathmandu Valley and its matches were played in our futsal arena. Our school qualified for the semi-finals.
- Euro school was a part of the 1st QKS Sports Meet. A total of 14 schools were a part of this event and it provided good exposure to our students.
- Implementation of the 3Di classes for the students of Grades 4 to 9 in 2017-2018.
- Implementation of the Bharatnatyam classes. These classes are offered by the Sushila Arts Academy, Kathmandu
- Implementation of Handwriting classes for grades 1 to 9. These classes are being conducted by specialized teachers from Bal Bikas NCMAS Pvt. Ltd.
- We have also recently signed a contract with Khalisisi, a local waste entrepreneur who collects recyclables from us as we believe in conserving the environment for our future generations.
- Exciting national and international excursions and field-trips were conducted during this academic session.
- An excursion to UK was conducted in the month of August, 2018. Student visited Oxford University, Cambridge University, Trinity College.
- Students of Grades 7 to 10 were taken on a national expedition to the Austrialian Camp-Dhumpus-Pokhara.
- Field trips were also conducted regularly to places in and around Kathmandu valley pertaining to the requirements of the different subjects.
- The QKS Middle School Math Workshop was organized by Euro School where teachers from various member schools came together to share their presentations of their Math activities and came up with ideas of improving this experience for themselves and for their children. There were special presentations by the mentors who shared their expertise with the fellow teachers.
- We also hired local trainers and trainers from India and abroad who helped our teachers improve their teaching methodology through their expertise. Moreover, we have planned for an IPC workshop for our teachers during the session break where they will be trained by an IPC personnel from UK.
- Looking ahead, we have a few exciting new initiatives that we are bringing for the upcoming academic session. Euro School proudly introduces the certification from the Trinity College of Music, London. Euro School is the first school in Nepal to do so. We will be preparing students for assessment through the Trinity College of Music, London.
- Children will remember an important day only if they are told what the occasion signify, making them aware of the world in a more fun way. The events and activities organized at Euro School are often celebrated with great pomp and gaiety. Some of the important days celebrated by the school are the Investiture Ceremony, the Environment Day, Teachers’ Day, Bhanu Jayanti, Janamasthami, Fathers’ Day, Teej, Children’s Day, Dashain, Tihar and Saraswati Puja.
- The school organized various competitions during the year 2017-2018. We made sure that almost all the students took part in these competitions. Fancy Dress Competition, Best out of Waste, Euro Futsal Cup, Swimming Gala, Choral and Individual Recitation, Inter House Rangoli and Deusi Bhailo Competition, Junior Inter Class and Senior Inter House General Knowledge Quiz Competition and the Story Telling Competition are some of the competitions which channelized the competitive spirit of our students.
- The Euro Literature Fest was also observed from the 2nd to the 24th of September, 2018. The motive behind organizing this event was to inculcate reading habits among our students. Some notable personalities like Mr. Subin Bhattarai, Mr. Prakash Rimal and Mr. Aswini Koirala graced the event.